How My Experience Stacks up Against the Zestimate


You may have heard that the Zillow Zestimate is inaccurate. Today I’m explaining why using an expert like myself to determine value is a much better option.

Many of you have likely heard the news that Zillow is being sued over their Zestimate feature by a dissatisfied homeowner. 

This homeowner is demanding that either Zillow remove or amend the Zestimate on her property’s webpage. 

As you are probably aware, a home’s value is determined by a number of things including its neighborhood, style, age, size, and amenities. These qualities can therefore be used as parameters for creating a fairly accurate estimate. However, according to the woman who filed the lawsuit, Zillow’s Zestimate for her property was inaccurate.

She believes this is in part a result of the Zestimate comparing her property to homes in neighborhoods and styles not relevant to her own. 

Experts have found that 25% of all Zestimates misjudge a home’s value by around 10%. Whether this is 10% more or less than a property’s true value, there is certainly an issue with accuracy. In fact, around 10% of all Zestimates are off by approximately 20%. 


For the past 13 years I’ve provided accurate property valuations to both individual and institutional clients.



This subject is very personal to me. For the past 13 years, I’ve provided accurate property valuations to both individual and institutional clients including banks, asset management companies, credit unions, financial companies, as well as a law group.

I have also been asked to use my expert opinion providing real estate estimates in circumstances where attorneys became involved with the potential foreclosure of a commercial property. 

So even before automated estimation tools like the Zestimate were introduced a few years ago I was responsible for giving my BPO (Broker Price Opinion) in order to determine a number of things such as a property’s value, whether to foreclose, or whether to put it on the market. 

Also, as of 2006 I am proud to say that I’ve been admitted by the county of Ventura Superior Court as a Superior Court receiver. Because of this I can provide my services in front of the Superior Court for many different types of cases. 

With all of this experience I can confidently say that my valuations are very accurate. While Zillow’s Zestimate is sometimes off by up to 20% my valuations are consistently within a 2.5% range of accuracy. 

Not only is using an expert like myself more accurate, but I personally can offer my services free of charge. 

So if you need to know your net worth, home value, or your FICO score, or if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment